Register as a writer with CUT....
First, we will need to collect your contact information:
- Your preferred email address
- choose any eight digit password, it is best to use alpha/numeric
- Your first name and last name
- enter your postcode and you can select from the drop down list
Then, information which will be used to create your CUT Writer Profile Page:
- Published name (if different from above)
- Your picture
- Like the one which would be used on a book flyleaf - in a standard gif, jpg, or png file format
- Details of who owns copyright to the picture, if not you
- A short biography
- maximum 250 words
60 second interview
Your CUT Writer Profile Page will include a short '60 second interview', to tell readers a little about you. This helps to sell your work!
These are the questions you will be asked when you register:
- Where did you start writing?
- When did you start writing?
- What do you love about short stories?
- Do you write other forms of literature?
- What are your non-literary passions?
- What distracts you from writing?
- What is your favourite story or book?
- Who are your 3 favourite authors, living or dead?
- Where is your dream location?
- What would you put in room 101 (your pet hate)?
- One piece of advice for new writers?
Very important - how CUT will pay you!
When your stories are purchased, CUT will pay you via PayPal. If you don’t already own one, it is very simple to open a PayPal Account.
When you have done that, you will need to tell us the following:
- The email address of your PayPal account
- If applicable - your VAT number
- CUT does not require you to register for Vat, but if you are already registered, please tell us your VAT number.
Tell readers who browse the CUT site a little about your status as a writer:
We will ask you to choose some tags to represent yourself. These will appear on your CUT Writer Profile Page, and readers can use them to search for writers. When you register, by typing in the box, you can either select a tag which already exists, or create a new one (or both).
For example, they could indicate:
- You are a published writer; a semi-pro writer; a journalist; a poet; a playwright; a novelist; a student
- your profession, if you are not a full-time writer
- a writers’ group or association of which you are a member
- other interests, passions or hobbies
Why notnow - if you already have a PayPal account it will take less than 10 minutes to complete the process.
If you don't have one yet, you may choose to get a PayPal account now.