How to Submit Your Work
To submit a story, you will need the following:
- A CUT writer's account (created by registering)
- The title of the work
- A short outline of your story for promotion purposes (see here for more information about outlines)
- a brief description or tagline to promote your work.
- an extract/sample of the text (this can be a strong passage or simply the beginning extracted)
- A word count
- The genre under which the work should be listed
- this is prompted by a drop-down list provided during the process of uploading
- if so, please tell us where and when, providing copyright details
- this can be a photograph or drawing which best depicts or complements your story
- in a standard gif, jpg, or png format
- please give details of who owns copyright to the cover picture, if not you
- Word versions: 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, Office365
- MS Word for Mac
- rtf format (rich text format), TXT files
- We will ask you to select a price at which your e-book should be sold
- prompted by a drop-down list of prices
- This price can be altered any time later
- Has the work been published before?
- An image for the front cover of the e-book. This is important as it will be the thumbnail image that will represent your story to all visitors to the site (see here for more information about cover images)
- A file containing the text of the story in Microsoft Word format.
- Selling price:
Before you begin, please note:
- You cannot upload a story before you have registered as a writer and created an account
- You do not need to have your work in the form of an e-book to submit it to the CUT site
- You cannot upload an e-book file which has already been created.
- Your work will be converted into an e-book once you have uploaded the components listed above
We recommend gathering the information listed above together before you start. Then log into your writer's account, select ‘Submit Your Work’, and follow the steps
If you need any further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com