Welcome to CUT, and thank you for taking the time to visit us....
CUT has been developed by writers for writers, with a sprinkling of innovative business acumen. The initial spark of the idea came from watching a young writer, who said he was honing his skills but was reluctant to join the traditional treadmill of ‘getting published’. This observed ‘writer dissatisfaction’ with the status quo of trying to get published, combined with an awareness of the innovation of digitised e-book technology, set us on our development path.
The CUT team is made up of 10 people: writers; technology experts; web marketing specialists; and a couple of innovative business people. The team is greatly enhanced through collaboration with:-
The former ensures that our watchword is quality, quality, quality; the latter enables us to bring to the CUT writer publishing community a global audience of readers.
Nearly 10,000 man-hours of research, technology development and plain hard work has gone into developing CUT.
The name CUT is derived from the longer Cut a Long Story..., referring to:-
- our initial specialisation in short stories, and
- our aim of cutting through the plethora of barriers in traditional publishing, to simply get writers' creative work to market.
CUT - in summary
CUT is summarised as a writer’s e-publishing community platform, where professional and semi-professional writers can freely get their work digitally published and marketed to a global reader audience, giving writers a ‘voice’ to their readers.
This enables writers to spend time on their creative output, in the certain knowledge that they can simply upload their work and CUT will do the rest: create a beautiful e-book and market it to a global reader audience.
The CUT philosophy
At the core of the CUT philosophy is connection. Connecting those who ‘live to write’ with those who ‘love to read’.
And at the heart of that philosophy is a belief that writers should be given more ‘voice’, should have a mechanism, a platform, in the new digital age, to get their work free-to-market. Thus allowing readers to see all quality creative work, not just that deemed by publishers to carry a lower risk. And most importantly, writers should get a fair share of the sale proceeds of their creative work: the CUT ‘Writer Fair Deal’.
CUT's core attributes
The CUT writer platform will deliver this through a set of core attributes:-
- A writer e-publishing community platform, where each writer has their own profile page and an array of marketing tools to promote their work.
- The CUT platform enables writers to publish their work ‘free-to-market’ - at no production charge.
- A standardised format for digital stories, developed in conjunction with NAWE, to create beautifully presented e-books, setting quality content as a core value.
- Through its collaboration with Sleeping Giant Media, CUT attracts to the writer community platform a global audience of readers searching for e-books.
- And most importantly, CUT has created a ‘Writer Fair Deal’, to ensure the writer gets a fair share of the sale value of their creative work.
Short and long form creative writing
- The CUT team were inspired to see Alice Munro win the Nobel Prize in 2013 for her work in short form writing and we intend to specialise in short stories, which are particularly well suited to the digital age of reading.
- However CUT will also publish full novels, poetry, flash fiction and even illustrated novels. So please feel free to upload your work in these areas.
Writer fair deal
- CUT has a simple model which gives writers a fair deal, where each writer receives 50% of the sale proceeds, after deducting minimal transaction costs.
Quality is key
At the heart of the extensive work undertaken to develop CUT, has been quality:
- Quality of content, because the CUT editorial team has time, afforded by innovative technology which automatically formats and assembles the e-book, to review each submitted work and assess its suitability for publication, as defined in our editorial policy.
- Quality of presentation, where innovative technology ensures that each e-book is presented in a beautiful format, allowing the reader to enjoy it to the full.
The team intends to grow CUT into a worldwide phenomenon, spreading its writers' publishing community, and our writers' enthusiasm for creative writing, across the globe, giving our CUT writers a voice!
Thank you for visiting; we hope you will join us.
The CUT Team